This is the Research Retold Ltd privacy notice. It has been written to explain what personal data we process and why, in accordance with UK data protection laws and the Information Commissioner’s Office advice to SMEs.
Date last updated: 27 February 2024.
Our contact details
Registered Office Address: Research Retold Ltd, The Quadrant, 99 Parkway Avenue, Sheffield, S9 4WG.
E-mail: [email protected]
Information controller: Mihaela Gruia, Director.
Research Retold Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for the personal data we process. Registration ZB248269.
The type of personal information (data) we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example names, job titles and contact details which may include email / postal address, telephone number)
- Information relating to services we provide to clients (for example, client requirements, roles within a project, names and roles of people attending a workshop)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Signing up to our newsletter featuring resources and tips for research communication (you can unsubscribe or withdraw your consent at any time)
- Contacting us (enquiries, requests for proposals). When you submit a client enquiry we collect your name, email address, organisation, telephone number; we will not add you to any newsletter or service that would send you regular emails unless you specifically opt in
- Participating in client feedback surveys
- Providing details for case studies or testimonials
- Business management and operations (we process personal data to deliver our services, products and events, which includes communicating with colleagues and stakeholders, managing our employees, contractors and suppliers; carrying out our legal, financial and regulatory duties; complying with our policies. The personal data processed will vary according to the specific activity but is always the minimum necessary).
- Operating our website (data is collected when you visit our web pages, which may include, amongst other things; traffic data and communication data, for the purpose of improving our website performance)
We also occasionally receive personal information indirectly:
- From clients providing names of their staff or stakeholders who will attend a Research Retold workshop so we can provide joining instructions and other information essential to participate
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected]
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
We do not buy or sell Personal Data for marketing purposes.
How we safeguard and store your personal information
We keep Personal Data secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect it against unauthorised or unlawful processing, loss, destruction, or damage.
We have controls in place to maintain the security of our information and information systems.
Research Retold employees and contractors are required to follow all applicable laws and regulations, including in relation to data protection.
The retention of Personal Data varies in accordance with the purpose of the processing. We keep it for the minimum appropriate time then destroy it securely.
Where we transfer Personal Data to
Personal data is predominantly stored in the UK; however, we use Mailchimp to deliver our newsletter to opted-in recipients. Mailchimp’s Data Processing Addendum (DPA) enables Research Retold to transfer European personal data to Mailchimp in the United States and to permit Mailchimp to lawfully process that data on your behalf.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us via [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
How to complain or contact us
If you have any questions or comments about our use of your personal information, you can contact us via [email protected]
If, after speaking to us regarding any of the ways we use your Personal Data, you wish to make a complaint, you can do so by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office: www.ico.org.uk or telephone 0303 123 1113.